It was just one Thursday afternoon in Paris….
I had the day off….
It was freezing cold but the sun was shining and no matter what Paris is always beautiful…..
First I went shopping at “Les Galeries Lafayette” and found some great lace tops on sale.
Then I visited my favorite bookshop “Galignani” located on Rue de Rivoli. They have beautiful Art books and very interesting History books.
Then I was headed for Le Musée de l’Orangerie to see the exhibition “American Painting in the 1930’s” and I walked through Le Jardin des Tuileries.
Arrived at destination…. the beautiful Musée de l’Orangerie
It was not allowed to take pictures but I bought this postcard of one of my favorite painting from Edward Hopper “New York Movie”.
And finally on my way out of Le Jardin des Tuileries, Paris was just offering idyllic pictures.
It was just one Thursday afternoon in Paris.
This weekend I sorted my piles of magazines and kept interesting articles in my notebooks. Yes I have notebooks! I like to be part of the digital world but I also like to cut, paste, draw, write on notebooks. I have many and here below is a glimpse of what I keep in them…
- Articles, quotes, pictures of people I find interesting, beautiful, inspiring, fascinating… such as the Danish designer Malene Birger… She has such a good taste!
…. or Denmark’s crown princess, Mary. She is a very stylish woman with an exemplary humility.
- Fashion ideas, outfits, style. My goal is not to buy all the expensive clothes featured in magazines but it is to get ideas on how to match colours, patterns, etc… and find cheaper clothes that can give a similar look.
- Inspirations for my home. I love to decorate my home and I get very often ideas from magazines about wall colours, plants, furniture… and décor objects such as…. vases. This is my current obsession!
- Photography inspiration. I like to take pictures and it is good to get some great ideas!
- Places I want to visit…. such as “l’île de Ré and l’île d’Yeu”, two small islands off the west coast of France or the restaurant Loulou in Paris, designed by the architect Joseph Dirand.
- Ideas for my paintings and drawings. I get creative ideas on how to match techniques, colours and it makes me realize that everything is possible!
- Recipes… because one Sunday afternoon I will want to cook or bake something but just don’t know what!
Last Saturday I did some shopping with the intention of buying a woman’s suit but but….I fell in love with these red pants. They are from one of my favorite french brand Claudie Pierlot I wear them with a black top but it is also very elegant with a white shirt.
I personally do not like January: it is generally cold, grey and sad….
Hopefully I have planned some activities that will help me going through this long month!
I will see the exhibition “La peinture américaine des années 30” at Le Musée de l’Orangerie in Paris.
I will use more time drawing and painting…
I will do some shopping of course. How can I resist “les soldes”!!!! ( sales in french)
I will read some great Scandinavian crime fictions. I am particularly fan of Camilla Läckberg, Asa Larsson and Viveca Sten.
And finally I will travel to an exotic place to get some sun and warmth!!!
I am a big fan of Pinterest as it is a great source of inspiration. I found many pictures of beautiful interiors with velvet furniture. “Le velours” in french is an elegant, warm material. It has been “off” for a while but it is now “in” as we can see it not only at home but also at the restaurant!
Enjoy the pictures (all from Pinterest) and “bon dimanche”!
At the restaurant…